Technology, New Products and Integrative Systems
ELFI systems combine structural, load-bearing steel framing and Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam insulation into one product (stand-alone building envelope or as a comprehensive system base). With energy-efficiency foremost, ELFI’s integrative component-based, system of products, methods and processes are state-of-the-art in the green-building construction market, and ELFI Systems are integratable with all efficiency-focused advanced technologies, products and systems, as well as, all conventional methods when necessary.
- ELFI exterior wall and roofing system is of light-gauge steel with high-performance, load-bearing profiles and integrated with light-gauge steel floor joist systems and light-gauge steel roofing trusses. This, in turn, makes:
- The entire structure lighter (7-12 times) compared to block (CMU) construction.
- Lowers, lightens demands on concrete foundation by approximately one-third.
- The entire exterior envelope is of non-combustive materials.
- Our steel is 40-70% recycled content, and after the life of a structure is 100% recyclable.
- Lightweight means lower transportation costs, easier and safer working environment, and no need for heavy lifting equipment or specialty trades.
ELFI materials and components are established and sustainable construction items. ELFI configuration, integration, process and methodology provide high-performance for every project, from basic design to net/near-zero to absolute zero-energy structures for parameters of any scope, every time.